Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sewing Room Box

Hello Ladies and Gents! It's been a while since I've posted I know, but I have a good reason. I was in a car accident, totaled my car and was injured, so minis were out of my life for a while. But I'm BACK and have been working on a group project with some of my Yahoo Mini Group friends. We've been making a sewing room box and I've been having a blast and learning so much at the same time. This is my first time making a room box and isn't as hard as I always imagined it to be. In the process of making my box I decided that making the outside of my box look like a real notions box would look great and boy was I right. I LOVE how it turned out! Below you can see a few pictures of the transformation. I'll upload more pictures once I have added the inside accesories and it is completely furnished. Enjoy!



7 comments:

cindy@muttleymanse said...

This is just so amazing. I can't wait to see what happens with this. I am new to blogging...new to minatures.............and just searching around for ideas. I am just trying to "redo" a dollhouse but I think the idea of these room boxes is great!

De said...

I'm glad you are ok after your accident and your sewing room looks great!

Minna Hatara said...

Great idea to make the outside to look like a notions box. Lovely! I look forward to seeing the indide when it is finished.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I love it!!!!! I can't wait to see more of this project!

Tallulah Belle said...

That is amazing....looks really great.

hope you are all better now.

Anonymous said...

Mel - I did not know you were in a car accident. I am so sorry to hear that you were injured and that your car was totaled. I am glad you are back and I hope your injuries are all better as well. I have seen your room box on the group and as I said there - it is fantastic. You are doing a great job and a very unique outside as well.

So Sweet Candy Buffets said...

Thank you all for your comments. :) I am feeling much better now and I'm glad to be back! I missed my blog :)